Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Is my love merely a theory?

"Little children, let us not love [merely] in theory or in speech, but in deed and truth [in practice and in sincerity]." 1 John 3:18 AMP
As the sun sets on another day here in Alaska, I am convicted by 1 John 3:18. How often do we say we love someone and yet continually put ourselves first, always thinking about our needs, our wants, our rights? I know I am guilty. I often find myself very selfish, thinking that Zac should do this or that, that he should be thinking about me. When in fact, I would get more pleasure out of serving him, and putting him first. When things are done with a heart full of love and joy, it's a lot more pleasent then doing it with a grumbling, me first kind of attitude. My prayer this week is that the Lord give me grace to give of myself and serve with a heart full of love and gradtitude towards those around me. I don't want my love to be known as merely a theory, but as a sincere reality. Those things done out of love will last forever, love is eternal, because God is love.

No comments: