Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day


Valentines Day this year will have to be a family affair. When you don't know anyone, its probably not a good idea to leave your son with some stranger. If I'm being totally honest I don't think we have ever really done Valentines Day....GASP! I think Zac might have gotten me flowers and a card the very first year, but I would much rather him do something like that on a completely random day of the year then a forced holiday for love (did I type that out loud?). To me it just means a lot more when it is totally unexpected, because then I know he was thinking about me other then when people told him he had to be thinking of me. So, we will just spend time loving on Avery, enjoy the time as a family, and reflecting on what true love really looks like...."Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserves." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of the best Valentine's Days I remember was when we spent them with the children! But it is good to have some time for yourselves when you can. Miss you and love you.
Paula

Bekah, Zac and Avery said...

Miss you Paula! Avery sends a big slobbery kiss to Gigi! Happy Valentine's Day