Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mr. Mom

"Do you see, do you see what I have to put up with?"

It is so different being the "working" parent. I had real reservations about if I could do this, and honestly if Zac could do this...Mr. Mom that is (he hates when I say that). I am so blessed to have a loving, supporting husband, who really is an incredible dad and I should never have doubted his ability to stay home and provide for Avery. It really is quite a blessing, and amazing time for them to spend together. I laugh every time I come home because the house is a complete wreck, but I always know they have had a good time. Today for instance you couldn't even walk on the floor there were so many toys out. Zac said Avery got bored so even new toys we were saving for later found their way out of the package today. Good thing for me I am not OCD about being neat, not even a little. My mom can vouch for that...right mom!?! My floor used to be covered in clothes and I would sleep with my bed piled high on one side with stuff, didn't bother me (did I just admit that!) :) Thank goodness Zac IS a little OCD (just a little or else he couldn't handle the mess) and he cleans up the destruction at the end of the day.

I knew six years ago that God was calling me to be a nurse and having this opportunity to minister in the calling He has placed on my life, in Alaska, is just an incredible gift. Some ask if I will regret not staying home with Avery, and I admit it plays in the back of my mind, but I know that this is where God has us at this time and for this season and I can rest in that (and with Avery getting up at 3:30 every morning I have LOTS of time I get to spend with him (:). And, I rest in knowing that the the godly husband that I married is training Avery up in righteousness and truth, and teaching him what a man of god looks like. I'll tell you, there is nothing better then knowing that my son has that godly influence in his life at such a young age. Kids see so much hurt and sin at such a young age these days and many lack that godly influence in their lives, so that sin becomes common place to them and they grow up thinking its ok. I want Avery to know the difference, and it is my prayer that he lead a pure life, and follows hard after God.

I can't wait to see what is in store for us as we listen to and let God continue to lead us in this amazing adventure

No comments: