Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Weekend

So thankful for Saturdays and good weather! Zac and Avery had been in the apartment all week. Zac is without a vehicle right now and they were really READY to get out of there. Outings never last long with little ones, but it was still worth the effort just to get out and see a little of Fairbanks and get some fresh air. We went to a place called Value Village to look for Avery a new pair of kicks now that he is walking. People at church always got on to me for bringing him with no shoes on...but the boy couldn't even walk :) Now I have no excuse! Not to mention Fairbanks is a little cold to just have socks on. Value Village is just a huge consignment store, which I thought was appropriate since Avery may fit into these shoes for what, a month?

After the consignment store...which was a flop on the shoe side (not many shoes out there for a walking 9 month old!) but a sucess on the book side (like we needed any), we decided to go eat at a place called Gallos. Gallos is a Mexican resturant, which looked mexican inside but did not taste anything like the mexican we have back home. We kinda expected that though when almost every employee was from another country other then mexico ;) It wasn't bad, just not what we expected. Probably will check out other Mexican resturants next time we have the craving.

Sunday Avery was up again at 4:30....little booger...so we all had a nap around 7 before church started at 10:30. We visited First Assembly of God here in Fairbanks, and Avery stayed in the nursery the whole time (we were so proud of him!), which allowed Zac and I to get a better feel of the church. We will probably visit there again.










5 comments:

Holly said...

Both of mine walked early too, and we had success with Bobux or Robeez brand moccasins. They aren't waterproof though, but I doubt he's walking outside just yet. I'm enjoying keeping up with your adventure. :)

Shereen said...

About the employees from different countries... that's what I noticed too when we were there in Fairbanks last year... in the hotel and the Mexican restaurant we ate at. From Eastern Europe?

Bekah, Zac and Avery said...

Thanks Holly! Where would I get that brand?

Shereen I think they WERE from Eastern Europe!

Holly said...

Hmmm I always ordered mine online but most specialty baby stores do carry one brand or the other; they are pretty popular.

They are like $30, but I was able to pass them on from Wyatt to Jack because they held up well.

http://www.robeez.com/0-12-months-Robeez-baby-shoes/Department.aspx?DeptID=299&PriceCat=2&Lang=EN-US

Bekah, Zac and Avery said...

Great, thanks! I think I will try a few consignment stores now that I know what they look like and see if I have any luck! Shipping to Alaska is expensive!!