Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Giving

(picture not mine)

"Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give".

How true is that!?! And it's not necessarily the things that you give. I tell Zac all the time that I am the most fulfilled when I am giving of myself, pouring out what God has placed in me...to love others as I love myself in word and more importantly in deed. There is such a joy that comes when you know you are in the perfect will of God, giving of yourself to others to see the Kingdom advancing. I challange you to try it out for yourself. If you are hurting, or depressed, try encouraging someone, try offering to do something that would blow that person's socks off. It's amazing the joy that can flood your heart through giving. We were created in the image of God and His heart is to give "For He who did not spare His own son, but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also along with Him graciously give us all things" Romans 8:32

Just last week Zac went out to get his hair cut. He stopped in a shopping area that had 3 hair cut salons. The first two were completely full and the ladies did not have any time for him, so he tried the third. This lady was walking out but graciously agreed to cut his hair. While Zac was in her chair he heard her talking about her struggles in life and God just really gave him compassion for this lady. Now a man's haircut generally only costs about 10 dollars, but Zac handed her 30 dollars and was able to minister a little to her. When he came home he was bouncing off the walls and grinning from ear to ear...thats joy people...joy from giving of yourself and seeing God glorified!!! I would love to see a wildfire of joy in the hearts and lives of believers...wouldn't others want that if they saw it???

No comments: