Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Forgiveness wihtout Repentance

(image from Archives New Zealand)
Forgiveness is the act of excusing a fault or offense. Repentance simply said is turning from that which God says is wrong, asking for forgiveness and then taking God's view point on the matter. Life "Along THE Way" is not always easy, and it requires our eyes to be continually fixed on Christ in order to stay on the right path. Asking for forgiveness means nothing without repentance. There has to be some point of turning from that thing we ask forgiveness from. Grace is a gift but "cheap grace is asking for forgiveness with out requiring repentance". I know in my own life I often ask for forgiveness for something I know was wrong, like getting upset and saying something I shouldn't to Zac, but often it is done without a repentant heart and I find myself back in the same situation minutes, hours, or days later. My desire this week is to live with a humble and contrite heart, a repentant heart, a heart that is thankful for grace but aware that repentance is key to receiving that grace.

No comments: