Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Yard Sales

This past weekend I had a ton of fun going to yard sales and then perfecting my finds. Here in Fairbanks there are a BOOKOO of yardsales every weekend, and people aren't just getting rid of piddly stuff, they are getting rid of their whole house! So my recent finds have included a coffee table with two end tables (50$), a cute chair (20$), two bookshelves (40$), 2 pictures (2 dollars a piece), non stick frying pan (1$), Electric hand sander (1$), 6 new books (.50 cents), Picture frame (1$), and a kitchen table (50$). All of that for 170$, I was pretty excited. Now granted I did have to do a little work to make these things look a little presentable, but that was fun TOO!

My coffee table and two end tables were a very sturdy find but just needed a little TLC. They were pretty dinged up. So I gave them a good cleaning, sanded them down and painted them white....too white.

Then I decided to brush a light satin beige color over the top and distress the corners.

Really hard to tell from the pictures but it turned out really cute!

This was my 20$ find and I thought it was so cute! It needed a REALLY good cleaning but after that it works perfectly in our living room and is very comfortable.



These two pictures were ONLY 2$ a piece...WHAT now just have to find the right spot for them


This is only one of the two book shelves we bought. The other is taller and perfect for Avery's room...AND we didn't have to do anything to them they were practically brand new and would have cost about 200$ new.



Our kitchen is very small and not alot of room for a table and chairs. This was a perfect find because it folds down on both sides and you can set it out of the way...it was just wood on top and needed a good cleaning but all in all pretty decent. Still perfecting this find but already the coat of paint makes a world of difference



2 comments:

Brittany said...

I just love hearing about your "treasures". That is what my Mom calls her yard sale finds. Isn't it great getting a deal?!

Bekah, Zac and Avery said...

This could get addicting! You really do feel like you found a treasure when you snag something gooood :)