Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Monday, May 21, 2012

30's not so bad

Well, here I am in my 30s already...sure never thought I'd get here so soon. I kinda slipped into this age bracket without making a scene :) It was easy to do in Fairbanks because no one really knows us yet. My husband however did not let me get away with it so easily. Only one person at work on Friday knew it was my birthday and that was because she just happened to ask me how old I was...since I couldn't say 29 anymore, I let her know that today was ONLY the first day in my 30s...making her well aware that I am a young 30 year old! While I was at work Zac was busily decorating the house, blowing  up balloons, baking a cake, cleaning up, wrapping presents and making dinner (I forgot taking care of Avery the most important part!). Have I mentioned that I have a good husband?

After dinner we went outside so Avery could play for a while since the weather was so nice and it doesn't get dark until after midnight. While we were playing we kept seeing a boy follow us where ever we would go. He finally got close enough and we started talking to him. We could tell he just really wanted to be loved. His mother travels every couple of months taking jobs in different states so you could imagine how hard that would be for a kid trying to make friends. Through the course of conversation we found out that his birthday was the next day and he was turning 12. I invited him over for cake and ice cream and even told him our apartment was already decorated and we could celebrate his birthday too. He was so excited and jumped at the opportunity. He seemed like a really great kid and had fun playing with Avery. We even blew up some water balloons in the house and let them play with them in the kitchen. He said "WOW I've never met any parents who would let you have water balloons IN the house" (It was only one and we just let Avery bounce it around on the linoleum) but he still thought that was cool. It was fun sharing that day with someone who really just needed some attention and love. I hope it made his day as much as it made mine!
 Beautiful tulips Zac got me for my birthday

My new Keurig...Oh HAPPY DAY!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

What a great story! And what a wonderful way to spend a most momentous birthday. I hope it was wonderful.

Bekah, Zac and Avery said...

Thanks Britt! It was GREAT! :)