Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sleepless nights

Exhausted!?! Yes...we are. We decided to go on a small trip this weekend to Cleveland, TN. Some friends of ours invited us to come down for a conference and so off we went. We left Franklin around 4pm on Friday afternoon, grabbed a quick bit to eat at Applebee's and headed to the Conference which started at 7pm. We didn't really think the whole thing through, we were just excited to be in God's presence. Avery was a champ. He normally goes to bed between 7:30-8:30 (remember he's inconsistent so its never the exact same time) so I wasn't sure how he would be at the service. He loved the music and much to my suprise did not get cranky at all. He finally feel asleep around 9pm in the moby (which did not fare well for us the remainder of the night) and slept until we left around 9:45 and headed to the hotel. I have to confess I did something I should NEVER do and have fussed at my husband for even suggesting. The hotel was only like 1 mile away so I left him in the moby instead of putting him in his carseat...shame on me...I didn't want to wake him up but that is no excuse. Don't worry I have already reprimanded myself and will not do it again (mainly because he woke up right when we pulled in anyway).
Ok so then he was up...and I mean up. He was laughing and talking and I guess thinking it was the start of his day. So we played with him a little while hoping he would start gettin tired. Finally a little after 11 I nursed him and laid him down, crossing my fingers that he wouldn't pick tonight to cry for 2 hours (since we were in a hotel). No such luck...so I did the unthinkable...put him in the bed with us ( I did a lot of no no's this weekend). Which usually works and he goes right to sleep but NOoooo not this night...not the night we are in a hotel and the whole world can hear him. I think he maybe feel asleep for an hour and then we were up with him until 4:30 when I finally made Zac get out of bed and we put Avery in the car and started driving. Normally Avery hates the car but we had no other choice and thankfully for us he was so tired he fell asleep in about 5 mins (5 mins of all out screaming which I hadn't let him do in the hotel so as not to wake up everyone). So back to the hotel we go praying that he will stay asleep....nope. But lucky for us he was to tired to put up much of a fight and we layed him in the bed with us until we had to get up around 8:45.
The next day he was a jewl though. We went to two more sessions at the conference and he wasn't cranky or fussy. Silly boy just didn't want to sleep, afraid he might miss something. I will add other than the sleepless night we had a great time and really enjoyed the conference.
Oh and the whole reason I wrote this was because Avery was still asleep at 6pm tonight from his nap and I went in to wake him up and he was so out of it I just couldn't bring myself to wake him up. So I just snapped some sweet sleeping pictures instead and let him be (hope we are not up for a late evening).



1 comment:

Michaela J. said...

He has grown so much!!!

Love you guys!!!

Michaela