Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Saturday, October 8, 2011

God's gift

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a gift from Him."
Psalm 127:3

As parents, we have a brief 18 years to make a godly impact on our children. A few short years to teach them about our loving Father and train them up in righteousness. 5 months of Avery's life has already passed in a blur and in the scheme of things, 18 years is not that far away. As I was reflecting on that I was humbled by the opportunity God has given us in raising godly children. As parents God has commissioned Zac and I to make an impact on the next generation through our children. What a joy and a privilege to serve in such a way. Now that I have Avery I can't imagine life without him and I am not quite sure what I actually did before he ever entered the world. He has softened my heart in so many ways and has given me a greater understanding of the love that our heavenly Father has for His children. Avery is definitely a gift from God!

No comments: