Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Put on Love

"Above all things PUT ON LOVE, which is the bond of perfection" Col 3:14
Since it is our Anniversary today I was just sitting and reflecting on the last three years and I found this verse so fitting. One of the biggest things that struck me about this verse was "put on love". Most people start out thinking love is a feeling, something that comes naturally. In reality, we have to make an effort to love because feelings fade. Which is so true in a marriage. Marriage is about commitment, it's about perserverance and long suffering. Yes, there are so many great times but there are also hardships and struggles and that is what makes a marriage strong. Zac and I will be the first to admit that there are ups and downs in marriage. We have been through a lot in 3 years (prob not more than the average family but seems like a lot to us) and I think God has taught us to lean on Him and rely on each other through those tough times. I confess, marriage is work when you do it right (not saying that we always get it right cause we don't) but I declare all the time over our marriage that it will LIVE and not die to show the goodness of God, His grace, and His mercy. Our lives are a testimony to the fact that God's Word is true and that as we delight ourselves in Him, He will give us the desires of our hearts.

No comments: