Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Sunday, January 27, 2013

When something seems bad...turn it around


Another cold day in Fairbanks, Alaska. For the most part the winter has been pretty tolerable, but today is a different story. Today the 40 below temperatures, ice fog with practically zero visablity, and short amount of sunlight got to me just a tiny weeny bit. Avery has been watching this video that has a pretty good lesson to it, and it kinda hit me when I started feeling gloomy about our current weather. "When something seems bad, turn it around and find something good". What a good life lesson. If we could always find the good in something we would live much more pleasant and peaceful lives. SO, Lucky for us we live up in the hills so we were able to drive out of the  ice fog, into warmer temperatures, and see a little more of the sun once we got out of the valley. Plus I get to spend more time with my family in these close quarters huddled together to stay warm ;)

Days like today really make me think about the people who don't have a warm place to stay, food to eat, or family to call. I was shocked at how many homeless people there are in a place as cold and unforgiving as Fairbanks. Zac and I got a small glimpse of this population this past week as we were trying to help out an individual who didn't have anywhere to go. As believers we are called to be the light of the world, spreading the love of Christ. Where there is much darkness, the light shines even brighter. I pray that the Lord gives us more and more opportunities to minister and the resources to bless the lives of those who are lost and hurting.

No comments: