Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's been a LONG week


I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it's been a ROUGH week at the Lail house. Right before Christmas Avery was getting over a month long stretch of sickness. First it was strep throat, then viral stomatits, and then the stomach bug. He had about two good weeks and then a couple nights ago he spiked a 103.7 temp. He still had a 103 fever the next day so we took him to urgent care and they decided to do a chest xray. Which by the way is TORTURE. I don't know how I thought they would keep a 20 month old still enough to get a chest xray but torture chamber was not on my radar. They put him in this contraption that looked like it was developed in the 1700s for torturing prisoners. It was painful to watch, especially since Avery was crying and screaming and staring RIGHT at me like he was saying why aren't you helping me! After they were done I told him we would never do that again...and then the xray came back with "patchy infiltrates" Oh great...possible pneumonia...possible repeat chest xray...WAY TO GO MOM, you just promised he wouldn't have to do that again. Luckily for me when we took him back for his follow up he was doing much better and we opted to NOT do the chest xray...whew.

Now that Avery was on the mend we were thinking things were going to start looking up around here. And then I go and punch myself in the eye, and now I am seeing black spots in my vision. Well, it wasn't exactly like I was TRYING to punch myself in the eye...it just happened. Yeah, Yeah I know, how do you punch your own self in the eye. Well, its a story that probably won't make any sense unless you were standing in front of me and I demonstrated what actually took place. It was hard to explain to my husband and he was there when it happened. So now I am dealing with this black ink blot floating around in my right eye...not good for a nurse who is supposed to be taking care of other people.

Hoping this next week has happier news to report!

No comments: