Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Adventure


It is 1 degree Fahrenheit in Fairbanks, Alaska today which is quite warm compared to the -37 that it was two days ago. Why is that important? Well, we will need to be prepared for the temperature change when we step off the plane next friday (we don't want an Avery popsicle). They say -20 is really like 10 degrees here so I don't think our skin will freeze in the first minute (which is the mental picture I get in my head when I hear -37). A couple weeks ago at church Zac was praying and worshiping and our pastor came up and laid hands on him and said "the word of the Lord for you is adventure". The last 7 months of our life have been quite an adventure, but I think what is in store for us will definitely top that. Who knows what God has planned but we are ready and willing for the "Adventure".
I don't know if you have looked up the definition of adventure lately but it kinda gets my heart pumping a little fast: an undertaking usually involving danger and unkown risks; the encountering of risks; an exciting or remarkable experience.
Adventure can be exciting but it has an element of fear to it too if you let your mind go in that direction. It's not easy stepping out in the unknown especially when you are not exactly sure if that next step is to the left, straight ahead, or to the right. I am thankful we have Someone leading us who says "you will hear a voice behind you saying this is the way, walk ye in it."(Isaiah 30:21)
This is only the tip of the iceberg...to be continued.

1 comment:

Michaela J. said...

Am I understanding you right that yall are going to Fairbanks, Alaska????