Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Thursday, August 4, 2011

While I'm Waiting






"I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry" Psalm 40:1 Amplified






Over and over again the Lord has spoken to Zac and I this week to "Wait on the Lord". We have been seeking direction and guidance the past month and we are eagerly waiting for the Lord to reveal His will and His calling for this family. I admit though the "patiently" has been the hardnest part. I heard a quote by Jentezen Franklin that is so true "We live in a microwave generation but we serve a crockpot God". I find that is the case with Zac and I right now, we feel as if the Lord has given us some sort of direction but no timeline and we are struggling with wanting it to happen NOW. The thing is though that God does not work on our timeline, He is outside of time and one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. That is where the "expectantly" waiting comes into play. If we lose that expectation of what God is doing and preparing while we wait, we will most likely lose the dream and the vision that He has given us. The Lord is forever going before us and preparing the way and if there was no waiting there would be no preparation and we would undoubtly charge right into a disaster. So just remember God is probably doing the most when you feel that He is silent, because He is preparing the way and working things out for your good!

1 comment:

Nancy Breedlove said...

Can Brandon and I ever relate!?! Keep waiting, friends, it will be so worth it!