Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Our little Blueberry

So Zac and I found out a couple weeks ago that I was pregnant. It shouldn't have been a complete surprise...but it still was. We weren't exactly trying and then again we weren't exactly trying to prevent it either. I think our attitude was that whatever God's timing was that would be fine with us...until I found out that I was indeed pregnant. Don't get me wrong I am super excited and thrilled it just took a while for those feelings to sink in. Please don't think any worse of me, but my first reaction was to cry and think "what are the going to do". I was in no way ready or prepared to bring a child into this world...but is anybody ever really ready? I have to admit that my mind was racing with all the reasons it was not good timing...most of them selfish of course. And my husband who I love very much was also shocked because the first thing he said to me was..."Are you sure" I said "yes I am pretty sure" again he says "you're sure?", I told him that I had alreay taken two different tests to make sure. Well, when he got home from work he had to see to believe (doubting Thomas) he made me take a third pregnancy test while he stood and watched it change from one line to two.




So, our lives are about to change, for the better I am sure of, but change neverless. I am praying with all my heart that Zac and I will be good parents raising our children up in the word and not up in the world. We know God already has a plan and a purpose for this little ones future as He is fashioning and forming them in my womb. What an incredible thing that is taking place inside of me, it makes me more amazed at my God and His greatness.




Zac now goes along singing "I'm going to be a daddy, I'm going to be a daddy" at least once a day. I think he is going to be a great dad and a proud father. I am keeping a journal for our first little one of prayers and scriptures that the Lord puts on my heart along the way. I pray I can be diligent enough to continue until they are old enough to understand and start keeping a journal themselves.













Oh and if you are wondering about the blueberry thing... When Zac was looking on the internet to learn more about the baby, he came across something that says our baby is the size of a blueberry...which sounded alot better than a lentil or a kidney bean so it stuck! :)

7 comments:

T & L said...

Welcome to this wild ride!! As evidenced by our crazy walk this morning, parenthood is amazing, challenging and takes alot of patience! You're going to be such a great mommy, and Zac, a great dad. Love you!
Linds

Lefty said...

My niece told her youngest son, their new baby was the size of a green pea. So, he called the baby "green pea" until he was born. Thank goodness, that was the end of it because now we have Corbin Luke. Blueberry is a MUCH nicer nickname and I pray God will give you both lots of blueberries. You will be GREAT!

Carol said...

You 2 have quite a few months to prepare for your little bluberry and adjust to all the changes. They will be wonderful and you will be great parents. I'm full of joy watching and waiting.

Deidre said...

Congratulations Bekah! I am so happy and excited for you both! You will both be wonderful parents. I will continue to keep you and your new little family in my prayers!!!
YAY!

Sarah said...

Congrats again Bekah. I am excited for you guys. And I think your reaction means you have realistic expectations! Having babies changes your life forever. It's great, but it's hard too. You are going to be a great mom. Hope you're feeling well!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Michaela just came running to tell me. We are soooo excited for you both. You guys will be great parents! We love you
Michaela, Robin & Bryan

Leahmia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's really exciting! What a surprise, and a delightful one at that. I was just asking Jason...are we going to be here when the baby comes?!? I'm pretty sure we will, and I'm totally looking forward to watching you grow :) (and meeting the little one when the time comes :) CONGRATS again! That's so exciting! If you guys want to practice on Janey, we're game :)