Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Reflection of who He is

Though one may be overpowerd, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Ecc 4:12


Zac and I have been married for almost two years, and still I am amazed at the man God has given me. You know when you first get married people always say "oh you are still in your honeymoon stage" if your husband does something nice for you, giving you the impression that they will stop doing those things after you have been married for a while. Zac hates that statement, it gets him so fired up when people say it, making him more determined to be the man God has called him to be. And I have to say that I reap the benefits :) In all seriousness I too wondered when we first got married if this would last. I remember one of my earliest memories of Zac and I as husband and wife after we had returned from our honeymoon. I had woken up one morning to find Zac not in the bed and I wandered around the house looking for him, when I finally found him he was in the spare bedroom sprawled out on the floor on his face seeking God. I was so blessed by what I saw and I knew that I had married the right man. Not a night goes by that he doesn't pray over me and our family and not a morning passes where he is not on his knees in prayer. I also am never allowed to leave for work without waking him up so he can pray for me before I leave. And he doesn't just lay in bed and say a quick prayer, he gets up comes to the door and really covers his wife. I am also so blessed that he inconviences himself to come and eat with me at work even driving over the mountain on his days off. I often tell people that he is a much better husband than I am a wife although we are both a work in progress. The bible says that our husbands are to be as Christ is to the Church and my husband is truly a reflection of this scripture. It is our continual prayer that God uses our marriage to be a testimony of His great love, and that He uses us to pour out a blessing to others.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is awesome! What a great example he is. You got a great man, and he got a great woman. :) The Lord is good!