Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

2 years ago today

Ok so I promised some tidbits from the past. Anyone who knows us might be thinking...you didn't even know each other 2 years ago. And they would be correct, but God knew us and was working on our hearts way before we even met. I kept a prayer journal for my husband dating back to June 15 2005. I kept it even after meeting him, and gave it to him the night before we got married. So I thought today I would give you a few snipets from the month of Sept 2007, one of which was written on 9/23/2007 before I ever met Zac. I hope this encourages anyone who is single to begin to pray for "the one" God has planned for them, and anyone who is married to pray for "the one" God has given them.




The prayers are rather long so I pulled out a few excerpts from 2 days in Sept.




9/5/07 "Lord I pray for the man that I believe You have set aside for me. I pray Lord that today You give him strength to endure, courage to press forward, and love to be able to love those around him. I pray that You equip him with everything he needs for succes today. I pray that You send him out with Your Holy Spirit, in power, and light. I pray that You encamp around him and protect him and teach him the fear of the Lord. Bless him indeed today Lord and enlarge his territory. Renew his mind and lead him to think pure thoughts and to base every thing he does on the Word of God. Lord I ask that you begin to establish a love in his heart for me even before we have met...."


9/23/07 "Lord I thank You for the life of singleness You have called me to at this time in my life. Lord I thank You for the realization that this time You have given me is for me to draw close to You. Lord I thank You that during this time You are filling me to overflowing with Your love so that one day that excess of love will flow onto my husband. Lord I know that I do not have the ability or the capacity to love him on my own accord. Lord I ask that You enlarge our hearts to love You above all else. To seek You first in all things. Lord I ask that You share with us Your heart and Your desires, that we may intimately come before You and sit in Your presence. You alone are worthy Father and it is You I praise for the husband that You will bring into my life. Lord I ask for Your favor and Your hand of blessing on our marriage. I ask that You teach us to serve each other and to regard each other as more important than ourselves. Lord You know my hearts desire, my desire to have a husband who loves You with all of his heart, who seeks You first, whose desire is to know Your heart, to do Your will, to be the priest of his home, to raise up children in the instruction of Your Word, a husband who will honor Your Word, who will honor and cherish me. Lord I desire a man of integrity and honor, a man who is generous and gives to those in need, a man who does all things in excellence for Your glory. Lord You are good and give good gifts to Your children and I stand on that promise that You have good things in store for us..."

No comments: