Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fairbanks, Alaska

Everything is happening so quickly and life is about to change dramatically. After ALOT of praying and seeking, Zac and I have made the decision to move to Fairbanks, Alaska. WHAT!?! I know, trust me, I KNOW. That WHAT!?! goes through my mind everyday that passes. One month is not alot of time to get things in order and say your goodbyes before moving 4,100 and some odd miles away. Our peace and comfort lie in the fact that we know the Lord is calling our family to Alaska (I hope to post the whole story soon...it's long...and crazy). Despite the "knowing" it is still scary and we occasionally have thoughts of "are we doing the right thing?". Leaving your family and friends is never easy, especially when you can't come home in a days drive (or two or three...or four...you get the point) or without paying out the wazoo for plane tickets. If we think too long about all that we are leaving fear and doubt start to creep in, but if we fix our eyes on Christ the author and perfector of our faith excitement and joy abound! The Lord graciously allowed us to "spy out the land" before making our decision. Below are a few pictures from our recent trip.





















5 comments:

Sarah said...

Bekah, I am glad I got to see you this morning (even just for a minute!). This sounds like such an amazing exciting new adventure! My uncle lived several years in Alaska and absolutely fell in love with it. Scott's parents also lived in Alaska for a couple of years. Oh and I follow the blog of a girl who recently moved to AK - http://www.mamanotes.com. Maybe you can find some good Alaska living tips there :) Would LOVE to hear the whole story sometime! When do you leave? Best wishes to you & yours! Have a very merry Christmas!

Bekah, Zac and Avery said...

Hey Sarah it was good to see you! We have heard many people say once you move there you will never want to come back :) I checked out the blog! Very cool and seems we have a lot in common. I plan on posting the story as soon as I can get all our notes together from journal entries. We are leaving Jan 11th and driving across the country to make the ferry in Bellingham, WA on Jan 20th. It is coming up SOON! Hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas!

Jenn Sutton said...

At least you look super cute in hats! :) Excited for your new adventure (and anxious to hear more of your story)!

Bekah, Zac and Avery said...

Ha ha thanks Jen! I was catching up on your blog the other day and reading about your son and was so excited for you guys!

Deidre said...

Bekah, like everyone else, I can't wait to hear the whole story. I love hearing/seeing how God is working His "magic" in others. My prayers are with you and your family for safe travels and for comfort as you are leaving your "comfort-zones" here in NC. God Bless!!!!