Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Part 2:1 from Zac's Perspective


It is amazing how much we begin to see as we look back through what we have gone through, and how much our Lord has truly guided us by His Holy Spirit when we serve Him. (John 16:13) As I remember back to that October day actually it was October 15, 2007 the Monday after returing to Shelby, I recall being at work and the presence of the Holy Spirit was still very heavy upon me. I was in my office and was asked to go out into the field and help survey. I can remember it almost exactly. Me and another guy from work got into the vehicle and rode to wherever we were going to survey, I had no idea at that time. As we got closer I noticed that we were heading to Gastonia, NC. We finally pulled up to where we were heading and we stopped at a church that needed their property surveyed. As I got out and looked around and put the signs out I noticed something, the church property that we were surveying was located on Franklin Street there in Gastonia. I immediately had the thought to myself “a church on Franklin Street”. And I also thought “isnt that where they said Bekah was from, Franklin.” Well I thought about it but immediately became busy with work and didnt know how or what to do about it and thought that the Lord would just do it or work it out, so the thought began to fade overtime.

What I realize is that the bible says in John 16:13 that the “Holy Spirit will show you things to come” we all need the mercy and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ to discern and hear what the Spirit of God is speaking to our spirit. “He that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit of God says to the Churches” (Rev 2:7). And I can tell you that as sure as God says that “He is no respector of persons”, He doesn’t look at one and say I love you more that another, so is how the devil works, he doesn’t steal, kill, and destroy from one and not another. There is an all out war going on to keep the will and word of God from coming to pass in ones life!!

A week had passed now and I remember having to leave home for a week because a job came up at work that was in Mount Airy, NC, nearly Virginia. I do remember having to go with several other ungodly men and spend the entire week with these guys, sleeping, eating, work, etc.. Needless to say an entire week out there was very oppressive and an immediate attack from the enemy that I could not see then, but now looking back it is very obvious. I returned from the week of work very discouraged, and the very close presence I had felt from the campmeeting was gone, and so was any thought of Franklin or the fact that Bekah was the woman I was to marry. To be honest with you the attack was so heavy upon me that I just moved on, never thinking that I would ever see Bekah again or the families from Franklin. It just wasnt a thought in my mind anymore. I moved on and began to seek and trust God for a wife for the next seven months. Looking back I can see how God has supernaturally protected me and watched over me until the next time that I was to meet Bekah and let me emphasis, it was never a thought that I would ever meet her again. It just did not exist in my mind, and honestly God had not done the things that I thought He was going to do when I met Bekah, like shine the light or speak to me and say this is the one. For that reason, I didnt even think that she was the one I was to marry, but the fact that God had so moved in Dalton could not be erased from my heart in a hundered years.


The next seven months I spent working and seeking the Lord, and over that time God softened my heart and strengthened it so that I would trust Him. Over this time He began to put such a desire in my heart for a wife that it saturated my prayers. Everytime I went to church on Sundays and Wednesdays I would tell the Pator of the church that I am saving the seat next to me because my wife is sitting in it by faith!! Hallelujah!! I remember looking out the window of the church everytime a car pulled up and thinking, this is my wife, she is here because I now thought that God was going to send her right to me through the church doors.
May 2008 came and I was bubbling with excitement because I had decided to go back to the Perry Stone campmeeting, now in Pigeon Forge, TN. This was the first time I was going to get to see the Chisholms and Judahs (The families I had met from FL) since Dalton, GA and I was very excited. This time I just knew in my Spirit man that I was going to meet my wife, I was ready and I felt that it was time. I’ll let you know that the campmeeting was to begin on Tuesday May 13th and last to Saturday May 17th. On the Sunday prior May 11th Kevin Chisholm called me from Florida and told me that He, his family, the Judahs and His grandparents were going to go to church on sunday at First Assembly of God in Franklin, NC after the campmeeting. They would also be going to the prison ministry on Sunday night and stay a few nights in Franklin and wanted to know if I would like to come to the prison to minister with them. I gladly agreed but didnt think of Bekah much, I was expecting my wife to be at the campmeeting.


I went to the campmeeting and had a wonderful time with everyone and enjoyed the fellowship and worship and was greatly refreshed in my Spirit, but my desire was to meet my wife. I remember Kevin and I getting to talk to Perry the speaker, and on the last day (Saturday) and we told him that I was single and that he should get all the singles to stand at the last service for those looking for a husband or wife, we all laughed!!! The last night meeting came and I do remember Perry Stone at the end of the meeting asking the singles to come forward, I was at the altar and felt the refreshing of the Holy Spirit but God did not speak or show me anyone that was to be my wife, and like that the campmeeting was finished. I remember leaving the building and was somewhat discouraged but I still believed God could perform a miracle. I ran into another older gentlemen there at the campmeeting that I had met at the Dalton meeting on my exit out of the building. As we stood outside of the building we talked and somehow got onto the conversation of me believing for a wife and that was the desire of my heart. I remember he looked at me and said “I dont see a wife in the next year”. I remember leaving the conversation and I was crushed, I must have cried for 30 minutes and actually began to prepare my heart to be single for sometime longer until it was Gods time.


We left the campmeeting on Sunday morning and headed over the Smokey mountains towards Franklin. I will tell you that I have never felt such a loneliness in my soul or spirit than what I did that morning. I had just left the campmeeting from hearing awesome teaching and praise and worship but I was completely empty. I desired a help mate like the word says and was discouraged that it would be many more days until she would be a reality in my life. I had always prayed that God would do a quick work concerning me and my wife including meeting and getting married and the thought that it would be much longer was to much to bare. We got to First Assembly of God, Franklin right before the morning service began. We met Harold and Marla, and Ron and Carol. I will let you know that at this time neither Bekah or I thought that we were Gods chosen for each other. It was not a thought in either one of our minds, we had already seen each other at Dalton and had made our prejudged opinions, but I could not help but realize that I was in Franklin now and at her church, how did I get here!!! I sat down towards the right front of the sanctuary and remember seeing Bekah as I looked over my left shoulder towards the left side of the sanctuary. I noticed Bekah walking over towards the Chisholms and me and she began to talk to them and I intentionally turned my back on her and began talking to Paul, Harolds son, so that I would not have to talk to her, in fact I didnt know what to say to her anyway. After the service I was walking out of the sanctuary I walked out of the left door into the foyer area and as I did Bekah was walking out of the right door into to foyer area, and we literally walked right into each other face to face looking right at each other, there was no way around this one!!! I looked at her and said “hey Bekah” and then shook her hand and then turned and walked away out of the building. As I walked out of the building I remember walking around the corner of the building and I was by myself not realizing what God had done and was doing. As I continued to walk it was as if God pressed me and literally stopped me and I thought what if this is of God. I went and ate lunch with Harold and Marla and then headed to their house (where I was staying) and I remember crying out to God and saying "Father I know that you have brought me to Franklin for a purpose, Lord let your will be done". As I think back, we as the people of God have got to trust the Lord and believe that He will direct our paths. Fear of the unknown and being fearful to just step out in faith will stop God promises stone cold. I am a living testimony that faith in God brings forth blessing and desires that line up with the word of God. I could not imagine my life if I had never moved in faith even if I had completely missed God. God is able to protect His childern. Hallelujah!! I remember pulling up to Harlod and Marlas and Harlod showed me my place of rest and it was his prayer cabin that He had built beside his house. I remember Harold helping me with my bags to the prayer room and as he headed out the door, he turned on some soft worship music and left. It was as if the flood gates opened from heaven and I hit the floor with my knees under the anointing and God just washed me with his love and put a confidence in me to trust Him that though I may be in a new land and don't know which way to turn that I can trust Him and that the Holy Spirit will be my guide. We all headed to the prision that night for ministry and God strengthened my heart the entire ride there and back and through the night. It is amazing how God can literally set you up for the purposes and destiny for your life, there is just no words to explain it.


Monday morning came and I knew within my spirit what God was doing and I trusted him fully. I heard the Lord speak to my heart and say "Zac are you willing to trust me and put your heart out there even if she completely crushes your heart, that I am able to protect you and keep you from harm." I said "Yes Lord". That morning I called Bekah and even though I was really shy, we setup a dinner for that night. We went to dinner with another couple and actually not many words were spoken between Bekah and me. I knew in my heart what the Lord was doing and that Bekah was my wife, but God had to work on Bekahs heart. Bekah will tell you that we left that night after dinner and a softball game and that she thought it was a complete flop and that she would never see me again, but I serve a big God!!! Tuesday morning came and it was now time for me to go back to Shelby and here I stand, I had laid my heart out there and I was leaving and Bekah did not care to see me ever again and I knew in my heart that she was my wife. The families from Florida approached me and said that "God spoke to us and told us to give you this" and it was a fifty dollar bill. Since I was leaving for Shelby, I thought that I would buy her some flowers and I got her a dozen yellow roses and it was exactly fifty dollars!!! Faithful God!!! God opened the door for me to take the flowers to her mother, Melinda, at her work because Bekah was working. I had never met her mother before, so I walked the roses into the school office building and met Melinda for the first time ever and said "hello these are for you daughter"!!! She was a little shocked!! and like that I left and headed back to Shelby.